Nature of Job
Adjust and settle Super Service claims for all lines of business written by the company with settlement authority up to $7,500.
- High school education.
- Minimum of one year claims experience.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty insurance coverages and terms.
- Ability to learn the coverages of all insurance policies written by the company.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with company computer systems.
- Willingness to participate in insurance related study courses.
- Commitment to company values and customer service.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Super Service claims according to company guidelines and in compliance with the Unfair Claims Practices Act.
- Verify policy coverage on assigned losses.
- Investigate and evaluate Super Service claims for proper settlement.
- Assign independent adjusters and appraisers when necessary.
- Pursue subrogation, salvage and third-party liability contribution.
- Notify Claims Supervisor or Manager of all claims that exceed settlement authority of $7,500.
- Establish proper reserves on assigned claims.
- Report claim complaints, questionable claim submissions and possible fraud to Claims Supervisor or Manager.
- Attend claim seminars and participate in claim associations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Claims Manager and Supervisor.