Nature of Job
Provide paralegal and administrative support to the Corporate legal department. Provide cross functional collaboration with Product Development Team to include product and compliance research and drafting and review of policy language. Utilize legal software technology to manage, administer, and track legal and compliance matters; Insurance Department complaints; and corporate contracts.
- Associates Degree, paralegal certification, 3 or more years of job-related experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills and abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office and learns new technology easily.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects with efficiency and organization.
- Commitment to company values and customer service.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a centralized repository to track all Insurance Department complaints.
- Coordinate contract management process and maintain contract management system.
- Maintain all files within the legal department and track and coordinate current matters, both internal and external.
- Assist General Counsel with legal, regulatory, and compliance research.
- Ensure timely filings of corporate documents and assist with filing process.
- Provide support to the corporate secretarial and governance function including ensuring timely and efficient board and corporate processes.
- Assist with reviewing and maintaining corporate document retention plan; researching as needed.
- Prepare, organize and file documents.
- Assist product development team with insurance product compliance functions including product and compliance research.
- Assist product development team with drafting and reviewing insurance policy language.
- Act as a liaison between the legal department and product development department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Counsel.