To assist underwriters in processing of risks for insurance that meet the company's established underwriting guidelines. This position provides support to the underwriting department; including but not limited to quoting and issuing new business, making changes to existing policies, and performing miscellaneous tasks to support the underwriting department.
- Review and issue New Business; comparing approved quote to application and documentation in file, to identify any errors or omissions and ensure policy is issued accurately.
- Review renewal policies to ensure risk continues to meet company guidelines; perform basic underwriting, send out renewal letters, contact with agents to request any needed information.
- Process endorsement requests and mortgagee changes.
- Provide timely and courteous responses to agents and policyholders.
- Order and review miscellaneous reports needed for underwriting, such as credit checks and property inspections.
- Process return mail.
- Meet and maintain company standards for accuracy and productivity.
- Assist underwriters and supervisor in other assigned projects and administrative tasks.
- College education or high school diploma or GED with relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills and advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Solid analytical and math skills
- Solid verbal and communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to work and think independently while also collaborating with team members as needed
- Prior underwriting or insurance experience is preferred
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a desire to assist
- Excellent research, time management and problem-solving skills